All work and no play – or rather relaxation time – makes Mama a cranky woman. When you are burning the candle at both ends, a nice escape is all you need. In reality, however, you can’t always venture off to some wild vacation far away from home.
Well, there is actually no need for that because The Woodlands is the perfect destination that is great for you to just relax, dine on some amazing food, see amazing sites, enjoy golf, catch a trolley for shopping, enjoy a much-needed spa break, do some late night partying and so much more!
I enjoyed a weekend staycation at The Woodlands Resort which, not only has everything you need for a private getaway, but a holiday lineup of events and attractions that you can bring your family along for as well.
Check out what’s in store:
While it might not be far enough north of downtown Houston to snow, The Woodlands – recently named the best city in America – is the perfect holiday escape thanks to an array of amenities and beautiful natural surroundings. And The Woodlands Hotels offer a trio of highly acclaimed destination offerings, each with a distinct personality and sense of place, where the season sparkles for all ages.
The Woodlands Resort, Curio Collection by Hilton
The Woodlands Resort, Curio Collection by Hilton is an ideal escape for families, friends, and couples. Nestled amidst lushly wooded acreage, the property boasts 402 guest rooms and suites and premium offerings including two championship golf courses, a tennis center, vast network of walking and biking paths and waterpark complete with 1,005-foot lazy river, 30-foot double helix waterslide and multiple pools.
- Looking for a flavorful way to gather with friends or treat co-workers and employees this holiday? On Dec. 14, when you reserve dinner at Back Table Kitchen & Bar, you and your dining companions also have the option of participating in a complimentary Winter Whiskey Tasting experience starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Kris Kringle makes a series of special weekend visits to Back Table Kitchen & Bar at The Woodlands Resort on Dec. 3, 4, 10, 11, 18 and 19 for Breakfast with Santa. Served from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m., the delectable spread is priced at $28 for adults, $16 for children ages 6-12 and is complimentary for tikes 5 and under.
- Open your gifts and then head straight to the Back Table Kitchen & Bar for Christmas Day Brunch at The Woodlands Resort from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Dec. 25. The delectable spread is priced at $75 for adults, $32 for kids ages 6-12 and is free for those 5 and under.
- Park your sleigh at The Woodlands Resort’s Back Table Kitchen & Bar, overlooking the 18th green of the North Course, and indulge in one of the season’s sweetest offerings: their signature Christmas Shake, a delicious combination of peppermint and chocolate cake flavors.
- Make a night of it and ring in 2023 with The Woodlands Resort New Year’s Eve Dinner Package. Packages start at $429 per couple and include luxurious accommodations and dinner at Back Table Kitchen & Bar with live music.
The Westin at The Woodlands
Sophisticated and fun, The Westin at The Woodlands is ideally situated in the center of Waterway Square, just steps away from upscale shopping, over 70 dining options and world class entertainment. The contemporary, 302-room hotel offers a 24-hour fitness studio, in-room spa services, outdoor infinity pool and cabanas. It’s home to award-winning Sorriso Modern Italian Kitchen and Como Social Club.
- Join the party at stylish Como Social Club throughout the holiday season. Don’t miss Social Hours, a popular Thursday evening happy hour, from 9 p.m. until 11 p.m.
- Join The Westin at The Woodlands for a one-mile Holiday Art Walk on Dec. 8 starting at 7 p.m. You’ll stroll – ugly holiday sweaters encouraged – from The Westin to Town Green Park while viewing the latest public art additions along The Waterway, including The Woodlands Art Council’s new art benches. Free to attend, the experience will be led by Sandra Huskey, The Westin at The Woodlands’ Run Concierge and an avid art enthusiast. The evening will cap off at the hotel’s Como Social Club for drink specials.
- Celebrate Festa dei Sette Pesci – the Feast of the Seven Fishes – on Christmas Eve at Sorriso. The three-course, family-style dinner experience is priced at $64 per adult and $22 for children ages 13 and under. Menu highlights include Roasted Oysters on the Half Shell with Meyer lemon and ciabatta breadcrumbs, Fritto Misto brimming with scallops, shrimp, calamari and a spicy marinara sauce, Prosciutto Wrapped Branzino with fennel pollen, arugula and gilled lemon, Lobster Ravioli with spinach, cherry tomato and saffron, Gulf Shrimp Risotto with asparagus, parmesan and Bottarga, plus Tiramisu and Strawberry Panna Cotta.
- Usher in 2023 at The Westin at The Woodlands with the hotel’s New Year’s Eve Package, which is priced from $429 per room, per night and includes New Year’s Day Brunch for two at Sorriso, plus a late checkout of 2 p.m.
- Toast 2023 at Como Social Club’s New Year’s Eve Party. Initial reservations are now open to overnight guests of The Westin at The Woodlands only. The festivities take place from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m. with music from 9 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. Individual entry is $50 per person, which includes a welcome glass of champagne, and white table service for a group of 10 is priced at $1,500, including admission, a bottle of champagne and keepsake glasses.
- Explore the flavors of Italy at Sorriso’s New Year’s Day Brunch, which is priced at $45 per person and served from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m.
[SCROLL BREAK!!! Bayou Beat News can also be found in PRINT at a store near you. Click the link below to check out our E-Edition!]
Embassy Suites by Hilton The Woodlands at Hughes Landing
The award-winning, 205-room Embassy Suites by Hilton The Woodlands at Hughes Landing provides easy access to the live music, food, shopping, art and boat rentals available at Hughes Landing, a 79-acre, mixed-use development on Lake Woodlands. Highlights of the waterfront hotel include a fitness facility, outdoor heated infinity pool, E’terie Bar & Grill plus complimentary guest services such as complimentary evening reception and made-to-order breakfast courtesy.
- Beginning on Nov. 30 and continuing to Christmas Eve, pint-sized hotel guests are invited to the lobby for hot chocolate and cookies from 4 p.m.-6 p.m. daily. While there, they’ll have the opportunity to write Letters to Santa and place them in the North Pole mailbox.
- Enjoy a taste of the season at E’terie Bar & Grill with its signature Hot Chocolate Martini, available from November through December and priced at $12. Served cold while capturing the essence of the original, the cocktail incorporates Santa Teresa 1796 Rum, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, milk and a house made marshmallow crème.