This Memorial Day is a chance to celebrate our fallen men and women who served our country. With families and friends reuniting around the nation separated by the pandemic, Memorial Day is even more important this year. Surprise your family members with these amazingly delicious Memorial Day recipes.
These mouthwatering dishes are courtesy of Food Network!
Mini Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
- 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Kosher salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into chunks the size of the chicken and pineapple
- One 20-ounce can of pineapple chunks, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for the grill pan
Step 1: Add the teriyaki sauce to a bowl and stir in the ginger, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, garlic, lime juice, a pinch of salt, and half of the green onions; set aside.
Step 2: Using wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for at least an hour, assemble your skewers. Start with a piece of chicken, then add a piece of bell pepper and a piece of pineapple, then repeat until you 2 pieces of each on the skewer. Continue with the remaining ingredients for a total of 30 skewers. Season the skewers with salt and pepper and brush them with the marinade on one side.
Step 3: Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and brush with olive oil. Arrange the skewers on the grill sauce-side down (in batches if necessary) and grill for 3 minutes. While the skewers are cooking, brush the tops with the remaining marinade. After 3 minutes, flip and cook the other side for an additional 3 minutes. Remove to a serving platter and garnish with the remaining green onions.
Spanish Potato Chip Frittata
- 1/4 cup milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups plain, salted potato chips
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Whisk together the eggs, milk, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a couple turns of black pepper in a large bowl. Add the potato chips, red peppers, parsley, and smoked paprika; stir to combine.
Step 3: Heat the oil in a medium oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the egg mixture and cook until the edges start to set about 2 minutes. Transfer to the oven and bake until the center is set, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before sliding carefully onto a serving plate and cutting into wedges.
Curried Chicken Wraps
- 3 split (1 1/2 whole) chicken breasts, bone-in, skin on
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups good mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chutney (recommended: Major Gray’s)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup medium diced celery (2 large stalks)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (2 scallions)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole roasted, salted cashews, chopped
- 6 tortillas
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and shred the chicken in pieces.
Step 3: For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, wine, chutney, curry powder, and 1 1/2 teaspoon salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until smooth.
Step 4: Combine the chicken with enough dressing to moisten well. Add the celery, scallions, and raisins, and mix well. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Add the cashews to the chicken.
Step 5: Fill the center of each tortilla with the chicken mixture. Fold the 2 sides of the tortilla over the filling so that the sides overlap. Roll the tortilla from bottom to top, and cut in half diagonally.
MacDaddy Mauro BBQ Boneless RiBurger
- Unsalted butter, softened, for grilling the rolls
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon homemade or store-bought BBQ rub
- Oil, for oiling the grill grates
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce, plus extra for sandwiches
- 12 dill pickle slices
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Step 1: Preheat a grill for cooking at medium-high heat.
Step 2: Split the rolls and spread the cut sides with the butter. Grill until toasted and golden, about 2 minutes.
Step 3: Mix the ground pork with the rub in a bowl until just combined. Form into 4 rectangular patties, slightly larger than your rolls.
Step 4: Lightly oil the grill grates. Place the patties on the grill and cook for 3 minutes. Flip the patties and baste with barbecue sauce. Cook until charred on the other side, another 3 minutes. Continue this process multiple times, flipping and basting about every 3 minutes, until both sides are glossy and charred and the internal temperature hits 165 degrees F, 5 to 8 minutes.
Step 5: Place the patties on the rolls and top with the dill pickles, red onions, and additional barbecue sauce, if desired.
Berry Dump Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray, for the baking dish
- 4 cups mixed berries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- One 15.25-ounce box vanilla cake mix
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Combine the berries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Toss to coat the berries. Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish, then spread the cake mix over the top in an even layer. Scatter the butter cubes over the top. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake until the top is puffed and golden and the fruit is bubbling for about 40 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 5 minutes more.
Step 3: Let the cake cool slightly before scooping and serving with vanilla ice cream.