Local rapper and philanthropist Trae tha Truth helped select the winner of Hot Wheels Legends Tour Houston stop.
The winning 1992 Autozam Scrum, nick-named “Texas Toot,” was built by Craig Meaux of Beaumont, Texas. After purchasing the fully stock import in 2020, Meaux decided to go BIG with the little Japanese kei truck by fabricating a custom five-foot lift after installing 58 in. tall tractor tires.
In true challenger spirit, Texas Toot was built entirely in Meaux’s personal garage, and now features a Chevrolet 454 big-block, TH400 transmission, 12-inch drop reverse rotation FTI transfer case, 250 shot nitrous kit, train horns and custom welded 30″ x 15″ wheels.
The Hot Wheels™ Legends Tour returned to the Lone Star State on Saturday for an epic day of custom car competition at the Walmart Supercenter in Spring, Texas.
Featuring fan-built art cars, slabs, Texas muscle, imports and everything in between, the family-friendly event is set to showcase the best of the Houston area’s custom car culture, Hot Wheels Garage of Legends life-size vehicles, local automotive legends and H-Town celebrities, along with collectables available exclusively on the Tour.
“I always enjoy coming back home to Houston, which has long been a famous hub for custom
car culture,” said Ted Wu, Vice President, Global Head of Design for Vehicles, Mattel. “The
Houston art car, slab and muscle scenes always surprise us with some of the most outrageous and colorful contenders in the entire competition. We are sure to find the perfect match for this year’s Global Grand Finale.”
Spanning 15 countries and 5 continents, the Hot Wheels Legends Tour is now in its fifth year,
giving builders around the world a platform to showcase their passion projects.
As the winner of the Houston stop, Meaux and “Texas Toot” will move on to compete in the Global Grand Finale later this year, where the champion will have their custom build immortalized as an official Hot Wheels 1:64 die-cast and inducted as a permanent fixture into the Hot Wheels Garage of Legends.
Additional North American stops include:
• June 4: In-Person Event at Walmart in Northwest Arkansas
• June 18: In-Person Event at Walmart in Atlanta, Georgia
• July 9: In-Person Event at Walmart in Detroit, Michigan
• July 16: In-Person Event at Walmart in Windsor, Canada
• July 30: In-Person Event in El Segundo, California
• September 10: In-Person Event at Walmart in Phoenix, Arizona
• September 24: In-Person Event at Walmart in Dallas, Texas
• October 8: In-Person Event at Walmart in Los Angeles, California
• Date TBC: Virtual Livestream
• November 1: Global Semi Final (Livestream only)
• November: Global Grand Finale (Livestream only)
To learn more about the Hot Wheels Legends Tour, visit www.HotWheels.com/Legends.