Crunchy, spicy, tangy and easy to make; what’s not to love about this Crispy Crab Cakes recipe. Our friends over at Cooking Professionally have made your job as a dinner host easier with these appetizers that will please even the pickiest of eaters.
• 20 saltine crackers, finely crushed
• 1 pound lump crabmeat, jumbo lump crab meat preferred
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1 large egg
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce or 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
• 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, optional, minced
• oil, for frying • fresh dill, optional, for garnish
• lemon wedge, optional, for garnish
• tartar sauce, optional, to taste, for serving
In a medium mixing bowl, gently combine the crushed crackers with the crabmeat.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire sauce, baking powder, hot sauce, and parsley until smooth.
Gently fold the mayonnaise mixture into the crabmeat mixture.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook and for up to 1 hour.
Divide the crab meat into 8 equal parts.
Gently pat each of the individual parts into 1-1/2-inch patties, careful not to overwork the meat.
Place a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the oil and heat until the oil shimmers.
Place the crab cakes in the oil and cook until heated through and golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes. Do not crowd the skillet, and cook in batches if necessary.
Transfer the crab cakes to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
Transfer the cakes to a serving platter.
Garnish with the dill and lemon wedge.
Serve with tartar sauce.