Cheesy, savory, and just plain delicious. This amazing Dump and Bake Chicken Parmesan recipe, brought to your table by Cooking Professionally, is guaranteed to have your dinner guests begging for seconds, even thirds!
• 1 (12-ounce) package whole wheat penne pasta
• 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce
• 2 cups water, plus more as needed
• 1 pound chicken, boneless, skinless, and cut into small pieces
• 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
• 1 cup bread crumbs
• salt, to taste
• pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Dump the penne, pasta sauce, water, chicken, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese into a baking dish.
Season with salt and pepper and mix the ingredients. Make sure the liquid covers the pasta and chicken, adding more of the water as needed.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Uncover the dish and bake until the chicken is cooked through at 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes.
Spread the breadcrumbs, the remaining mozzarella cheese, and the parmesan cheese on top of the bake.
Bake until the cheese is melted and the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Turn on the broiler and broil to the desired color, for about 5 minutes.