Yes, you heard me right! Our friends at Cooking Professionally have made the impossible possible with this easy, cheesy, 20-minute Skillet Lasagna with all the great flavors and goodness of a baked lasagna in half the time.
• 2 cups of uncooked mafaldine pasta (also known as reginette)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 medium yellow onion, diced
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
• 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
• 2 teaspoons diced garlic
• 15-ounce can tomato sauce
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
• 1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta (optional)
On the stovetop, bring a pot of salt water to boil. Cook the pasta to al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the beef along with the garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Cook until no longer pink while breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon.
Add the cooked pasta, parmesan cheese, optional ricotta cheese, and tomato sauce to the skillet. Stir everything to combine. Top with Mozarella and turn the heat down. Cover the skillet and cook until the cheese is completely melted.