Are you looking for a new way to spice up your normal pepperoni and cheese pizza? For all the anchovy lovers out there, this Italian pizza may be just what you’ve been missing!
No matter who you’re cooking for, this unique and delicious anchovy pizza will have you, your friends, and your family savoring every bite!
Check out the full recipe provided by the generous people at The Clever Meal! Click to watch the full step-by-step tutorial below!
- Store-bought or homemade pizza dough (flour, yeast, water, olive oil, salt)
- Tomato sauce
- Anchovies (in olive oil)
- Capers (optional)
- Place flour, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Add water and olive oil.
- Stir until flour and water are incorporated. This is high-hydration pizza dough, no-kneading is required.
- Cover and place in a warm place until it has doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Turn out onto a floured surface.
- Dust with flour and stretch it with your fingers.
- FOLD the 4 sides over. You can use a dough scraper that’s easy to cut, fold and shape the pizza dough. But you can skip the folds if you wish, and follow this easy method instead.
- Gently mold a ball and let it rest for about 20-30 minutes
- Stretch it gently into a 12-inch circle
- The dough is now ready for the topping and the oven!
When the dough is ready, place the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C, and cut a large piece of parchment paper (if you use a pizza stone). Alternatively, grease or line with parchment paper a large baking pan.
Scrape the edges of the bowl with a spatula and pour the dough onto the parchment paper, dust with some flour and, starting from the center, gently press it out with your fingers until you get a large round pizza. Let it rest for 10 minutes until the oven gets hot.
Top with tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella, anchovy fillets, oregano. Add capers and black olives if you wish.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden and crusty.
Serve immediately with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy!