The Houston Health Department will offer drive-thru testing at two surge sites affiliated with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services as the growing numbers of COVID-19 cases continue to rise.
The sites will open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., with the exception of HCC – North Forest which is closed Friday and Saturday for the Easter holiday. The mega testing site, which will be set up at the Aramco Services Company located at 9009 W. Loop South, will open Tuesday and Thursday from10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Appointments are available at doineedacovid19test.com and on-site registration is also available. Each site has a daily capacity of 1,250 tests.
The site has a daily capacity of 250 tests. People wanting to get tested at the Aramco site can call the department’s COVID-19 Call Center at 832-393-4220.
The department will also offer testing on Tuesday through Saturday at three community sites that don’t require appointments. Each has a daily capacity of 250 tests:
- Berean Christian Church, 2210 Bronson St., 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., drive thru, self-nasal swab,
- Magnolia Multi-Service Center, 7037 Capital St., 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., drive thru or walk-up, self-nose swab, and
- Kashmere Multi-Service Center, 4802 Lockwood St., 10 a.m. – 6x p.m., drive thru or walk-up, self-nose swab.
Additional testing sites include;
METRO Addicks Park & Ride, 14230 Katy Freeway, and the Multicultural Center, 951 Tristar Drive, city of Webster. Appointments are available by calling the department’s call center at 832-393-4220.
Texas Division of Emergency Management
Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) and the Houston Astros offer self-oral swab tests daily at Minute Maid Park (Lot C), 2208 Preston. The testing site’s capacity is 1,200 tests per day.
HCC – Northeast Campus, 555 Community College Drive, self-mouth swab, and
HCC – South Campus, 1990 Airport Blvd., nasal swab by healthcare professionals.
LeRoy Crump Stadium, 12321 Alief Clodine Rd. The site is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
United Memorial Medical Center
United Memorial Medical Center (UMMC) will offer nasal-swab testing by healthcare professionals at drive-thru test sites at:
- PlazAmericas Mall, 7500 Bellaire Blvd.
- Houston Community College – Southeast, 6815 Rustic St.; Building B
- UMMC Tidwell, 510 W. Tidwell Rd.
- University of St. Thomas, 3800 Montrose Blvd., shallow nose self-swab, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Memorial Park Conservancy, 1153 E. Memorial Loop Dr., mouth self-swab, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.,
- Miller Outdoor Theater, 6000 Hermann Park Dr., mouth self-swab, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.,
- Houston Metro West, 11555 Westpark Dr., mouth self-swab, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.,
- Houston Metro Kashmere, 5700 Eastex Fwy., mouth self-swab, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., and
- Houston Metro Fallbrook, 111 Fallbrook Dr., mouth self-swab, 8 a.m. 6 p.m.
Federally Qualified Health Centers
The health department is providing test kits, lab access and equipment to local Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) so they can expand their COVID-19 testing capacity. The centers and phone numbers people can call to set up testing appointments are:
- HOPE Clinic, 713-773-0803
- Spring Branch Community Health Center, 713-462-6565
- El Centro de Corazon, 713-660-1880
- Avenue 360 Health and Wellness, 713-426-0027
- Lone Star Circle of Care at the University of Houston, 346-348-1200, and
- Scarsdale Family Health Center, 281-824-1480.
FQHC patients pay what they can afford, based on income and family size, and are not denied services due to inability to pay or lack of insurance.
The department and its agency partners may shift locations and schedules of test sites to better meet community needs.
Houstonians can visit HoustonEmergency.org/covid19 for current Houston testing sites and information about stopping the spread of the virus.